Fire at the Ridge offers guests wide open spaces for the optimal social distancing experience while enjoying summer sports and dining.
Powder Ridge Park and Fire at the Ridge restaurant will re-open May 21, 2020. Mountain sports will include mountain biking, hiking with lift service to the top of mountain and disc-golf.
Fire at The Ridge will offer outdoor dining with table service on the deck and base mountain. Take out picnics are available for base mountain dining or with free lift service to picnic on the mountain and curbside pickup.
Powder Ridge will follow the “Opening Up America Again” phased approach to re-opening and recommendations from the Connecticut Department of Economic and Community Development (DECD) and State of Connecticut on policies and procedures.
- Guests will be instructed to maintain social distance of at least 6 feet over the entire property including parking.
- Respect of social distancing applies not only to fellow riders but also to resort employees. All employees will wear appropriate PPE
- Payments and transactions can be made online or onsite.
- Riders will handle only their own equipment and should not pick up anyone else’s gear
- Rental bikes will be available on a first-come first served basis.
- Online or over the phone rental transactions will be completed and bikes will be in a pick-up rack outside the rental building.
- Bikes will be cleaned with disinfectant between each rental.
- Participants will always maintain at least 6’ apart from other players.
- Participants will be required not to touch golf baskets.
- Participants will use their own discs or if renting, discs will be disinfected between guests
- Tubes will be disinfected between guests.
- Guests will be spaced at least 6’ apart on the carpet lift.
- The carpet lift line will be marked at 6’ intervals
- The on-deck waiting area at the top will be marked to help guest maintain a 6’ separation while waiting.
- Lift attendant will stop the lift for each rider.
- Riders will load their own bike onto the chair and sit on the same chair.
- Lifts will be limited to one person per chair, every other chair
- At the top an attendant will stop the chair for each rider. Rider will remove their own bike from the chair.
- The attendant at the top will disinfect the chair before restarting the lift (allowing it to dry during the decent).
Powder Ridge will defer to the DECD’s recommendation.
- Guests wear a mask while visiting the restrooms.
- All high traffic surfaces will be disinfected multiple times per day.
- Prominent display of multiple signs from the CDC Print Resources page to promote safe behavior, educate and reinforce proper hand washing.